• How do I book a Japan motorcycle rental with Rushcorp?
    Simply contact us at +81-3-3891-4333 or bikes@rushcorp.com. For guaranteed bookings, a 20% deposit payable by cash, credit card, or telegraphic transfer is required. Sorry, personal checks are not accepted. The deposit is 100% refundable if the booking is cancelled within 14 days prior to the start of the rental period.

    Our Rental Office is open by appointment only. Please call or email us BEFORE visiting our shop!
    For customers who visit our office, we can accept payment by Visa, Mastercard, or cash.
  • What motorcycles are available?
    We have a great selection of motorcycles rarely, if ever, seen for rent in Japan or elsewhere, including Moto Guzzi, Benelli, Aprilia, Kawasaki and Yamaha bikes. You can see our current rental fleet right here.

  • Are there any daily mileage limitations?
    No mileage charges! No mileage limitations. You are free to use the motorcycle to your heart’s (and bottom’s) content!

  • Is a damage deposit required?
    There is no need to pay a damage deposit upfront, but during your rental period you are responsible for any and all damage to the bike or other equipment not to exceed a MAXIMUM of 200,000 Japanese yen, irrespective of the cause.

    Depending on your riding experience, your deductible can be reduced to as little as 50,000 yen for an additional charge.
    Please contact us for information about this special offer.
  • Where do I pick up the motorcycle?
    The motorcycle is picked up and dropped off at our conveniently located Tokyo offices. In addition, you deal only with Rushcorp for all motorcycle arrangements. There is no need to sign secondary contracts with outside agents. Our rental office address is 4-2-2 Arakawa, Arakawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan.

  • Can we ride 2 up?
    Sure! No extra charge, and the insurance cover will apply. Please be advised that helmets are required for both riders, the accompanying rider must be age 20 or above, and you MUST have at least 3 years of riding experience. Also note that some highways around the center of Tokyo prohibit riding 2 up, and that provisions must be made to use alternate surface streets to avoid such highways. As a result, navigation units will be required for all 2-up rentals.
  • What level of riding experience do I need?
    All participants must have the ability to safely handle a motorcycle in traffic and exhibit confidence in riding under a variety of road, traffic and weather conditions.

    Completion of a motorcycle safety course is a definite plus. All operators must have a valid license with motorcycle endorsement.

    A rider’s total mileage is not important. However, experience is! Note that Japan riding takes place on the left side of the road and there are some very narrow windy roads on some tours.
  • What documents are required?
    Riders must be in possession of a valid motorcycle operator's license. Visitors to Japan (less than 1 year stay) must have a vaild International driver’s Permit (IDP) with motorcycle endorsement. Further, the IDP MUST be based on the international "Convention on Road Traffic" dated 19 September 1949 in Geneva.
    There is another version of the IDP dated 8 November 1968 in Vienna. This 1968 version of the IDP is NOT VALID in Japan.
    To obtain an IDP, contact your country's local automobile association office. Please note, non-Japan residents CANNOT obtain an International Driver's License while in Japan.

    If your driver license is issued by Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Slovena, Monaco or Taiwan, instead of an IDP, you must have a Japan Automobile Federation (JAF) certified Japanese translation of your license. We can coordinate this for you at a nominal cost. Please contact us so that we can arrange this for you.
    Long-term Japan residents (one year or over) are required to have a valid Japanese motorcycle operator's license.

    Citizens of countries other than the USA must check with their local authorities concerning any additional documents that may be necessary.
  • What insurance do the motorcycles carry?
    All of our motorcycles carry the legal limit liability required in Japan. This covers damage to others AND collision coverage for the motorcycle. In the case of motorcycle damage, the motorcycle operator is responsible for the deductible, which ranges between 50,000 to 150,000 Japanese yen, dependent on the type of motorcycle rented.

    It should be noted that we do not require an advance cash motorcycle damage deposit. Should there be any damage to the bike while on tour you will be invoiced for the repairs.

    Personal injury coverage is set at up to 30,000,000 yen each for the rider (and passenger, one incident only). Third party property damage and personal injury coverage is unlimited.

    We also advise you to secure travel insurance coverage.
  • How much risk is involved?
    Motorcycle riding is, by nature, an intense, risk-filled sport. It is very difficult to say how much risk is involved in our tours, as much depends on the ability of the participant. A road or set of conditions offering considerable challenge and risk for a novice rider often present an experienced rider with little risk.
    Likewise with weather conditions — a rider accustomed to riding in the rain will possibly find it uncomfortable. A rider terrified of riding in the rain will possibly make poor decisions and put himself in a dangerous position.
    Riding in Japan is certainly some of the most varied riding a motorcyclist will ever encounter. It will also certainly be the most rewarding from the standpoint of the scenery, the challenge, and the daily options available.

    Unlike the US, in Japan you drive on the left hand side of the road. This requires constant diligence. A rider who spends too much time thinking about the handling or operation of the motorcycle may find himself in trouble. The operation of the motorcycle must be second-nature, so that attention may be focused on safe riding.
  • What are the age limitations?
    Operators must be at least 18 years old for bikes over 400cc. Operators as young as 16 years old are permitted for bikes up to 400cc.

    Some restrictions apply. Please
    contact us for details.
  • Where we are going?
    We are happy to recommend interesting routes and courses, places to stay, things to see, and can provide pre-planned routes by request!

    Interested in booking a complete Japan tour? Contact our affiliated motorcycle touring partners Ninja Tours at www.ninjatours.com
  • What weather conditions can we expect?
    Japan has 4 distinct seasons, with temperatures ranging between tropical in summer to alpine in winter. We recommend that you carry wet weather gear, and during the summer season (from June to September) summer weight riding gear is sufficient the majority of the time.

    In colder parts of the year outside of this time, we recommend that you be prepared for colder temperatures if you are traveling in alpine regions.
    Feel free to contact us for specific advice pertaining to your exact route.
  • What clothing and riding gear shall I bring?
    A list of suggested clothing and riding gear may be furnished after a rental application is received, pertinent to the seasons involved.
    We do have some supplies of helmets, wet weather gear, etc. Please contact us for information.
    A variety of good riding gear is recommended to be comfortable and safe. Riding in jeans and a T-shirt is not recommended, and proper protective equipment (including full-face helmets) are advised.
  • How much money should I bring?
    Japan is primarily a cash-based culture. A lot of smaller establishments will not accept credit cards, so you must be prepared to pay for many items with cash. Economy type hotels are usually cash only, as are convenience stores. Many rural restaurants or eating/drinking establishments will not accept credit cards in any form.

    We can say that it is possible to withdraw cash from most major credit cards at Post Office ATM machines in Japan. However, unlike bank ATMs, which operate 24 hours a day, post office ATM machines do not, and your credit card may have a daily limit for cash withdrawals. Please check prior to your trip, and HAVE A BACKUP PLAN involving cash!

    Basically, for an average of 350 km of riding, you will use 2 tanks of petrol, which equals 2500-4000 yen/day. If highway tolls are applicable, allow for 2000-3000 yen/day on average. Accommodations (including breakfast and dinner and Japanese style onsen baths) can range anywhere from 10,000 yen/day onwards. depending on options chosen. Lunches and refreshment (and a few beers) may total about 5000 yen/day.

    In regards to accommodations, more basic accommodations may range anywhere from 5000 upwards (including meals).
  • What happens to my luggage?
    You have the ability to carry luggage on most of our bikes. However, not everyone will wish to take everything with them all the time, so we can arrange forwarding of your luggage to various destinations along your route. This helps you avoid needing to carry everything with you every day. As this is an individual service tailored to your circumstances, please contact us for more information.
  • Where do we eat lunch?
    Anywhere! We can suggest restaurants on the route you are taking for the day. Restaurants are open from about noon to 2:30 for luncheon ... and generally, you can’t go wrong in choosing local dishes.

    In rural areas, the range of restaurants will vary widely depending on your location. Most establishments are open throughout the day. Many will have pictures or plastic models of the food, so it is easy to understand what is being offered.
  • I require a special diet. What do I do?
    While special diets can be exceptionally challenging in Japan, we will do our best to assist you in finding suitable restaurants and options.
  • Is it possible to arrange a custom or private tour?
    Yes. Our afflilated partner company Ninja Tours offers a variety of self-guided and full guided tour options. They can book all aspects of your tour, including the use of a Rushcorp motorbike as part of the package. Please contact Ninja Tours directly at www.ninjatours.com.